Okay, it's the middle of June, and still no weather over 85 degrees! What about swimming, sunburns, and fishing every evening? It's been so cold and wet, still, that we haven't gotten out too much yet this summer. By now my family should look like they came from some where is South America, but this year we are all lilly white (no comments, please. I know I ALWAYS have the lilly white touch!) Colton and Brooklynn's hair isn't completely white from the sun, yet, either! I also want you to know that I am so not complaining about the rain and moisture, because our hay looks AWESOME, and our wheat is getting much needed water. Hopefully we'll have a good crop this year to sell!
We have been able to start our Sunday getaways to cow canyon for a campfire and much needed family time. It's been nice to be able to have fun with the family! Luke's been taking up the four wheeler, and the kids all have fun riding through the creek and cow poo on the grass! (Yes, we're a warped family, but that's what happens when you live in the sticks!)
Baseball's been fun this year. Colton is doing t-ball, Carson, coach-pitch, and Luke, softball. For once I am NOT coaching, just watching. That in itself is relaxing and I get to visit with some friends while our kids play. (We at least cheer for them while they are batting!!) We are staying pretty busy with practices and games (and even trying to make it to all of these scheduled appointments!) It's fun to see the kids learn and grow while they are playing. They also have a ton of friends on the team, so it also makes it more fun for them. Luke thinks it's especially nice when we're there watching him hit home runs! (Yes, again, he's a little cocky, but he also has every right to when he does that well! You should have seen his diving catch last Wed. night. It seriously would have made it on Sport Center's catch of the day!!)
Brooklynn is still just being Brooks, spoiled and in charge! I wonder if that will change when she gets older . . . probably not! She has everyone, even her brothers wrapped around her finger, and she knows how to pull the strings!
Happy Birthday Chase
8 years ago




1 comment:
Hey Jeni! How in the world did you find my blog? I am so happy. Did Dawna tell you about it? It's ridiculous that Dawna and I live in the same city and we barely ever even see each other. It's really sad actually. So it's been warm on and off here in Boise and is supposed to be nice this weekend but it seems like we've had a lot of rain. I love the meduim temperature weather and don't look forward to the 90 degree plus days. Your family is great and looks like you are all doing well. I should be around the weekend of your Scentsy Convention so be sure and give me a call (Dawna has my number). Hope to talk to you soon and can't wait to keep better in touch through blogging.
Post a Comment