
Can I seriously tell you, I HATE rice!! When I make rice for dinner (which isn't too uncommon), we have wonderful brown minute rice! Awesome invention!! Read on, and you'll see why I think so . . .
When Dawna, Jami, and I were younger (help me out as to how old,guys), we were making dinner at Dawna's house (mom wouldn't let us cook, I wonder why!) Anywhoo, we were in the front room when the fire alarms started going off. When we actually made it to the kitchen, there was actual BLACK smoke bellowing from the stove! We had so burnt the rice (and the smell was horrific-I'll never get that out of my head!)
Well, last night mom and I had a brilliant idea that we would get all the food done for Carson's baptism so we had time for Thanksgiving and not more cooking. We're having hawiian haystacks, so we figured on about 50 people, TONS of rice, right? Well, we started making rice (NO, WE DON'T HAVE A RICE COOKER. WE WERE USING THE STOVE.) Ruined: 10 cups uncooked rice. Too sticky/mushy. Dumped it down the garbage disposal. Next, ruined: 5 cups uncooked rice. Not done. Decided to make less at a time thinking that was the problem. Garbage disposal. Then, dad went to Grandma's to get her rice cooker. She said she didn't know how to use it, but told us how to cook the rice (may I add, it was the same way I was doing it, but my family refuses to listen). Ruined: 10 cups uncooked rice. Too sticky/mushy AND uncooked. Down the garbage disposal. Ruined: 1 garbage disposal. Yeah, I'm kinda pissed. We wasted a 25lb. bag of rice! (and still don't have any made for the baptism!)




1 comment:
I am guessing we were about 13 when we turned white rice into what appeared to be "wild rice" but was really just a burned, stinky mess!
I have just recently mastered the rice making - I'll have to teach you how next time we're together!
Post a Comment