Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our new house

Many of you already know of our famous new home that we are in the process of finishing, but I'll update the rest of you. First of all, let me tell you that this was NOT my idea. However, I did a little walk through this weekend, and am feeling so much better! (And, I realized I didn't take any "before" pics. of the house!!)
Okay, question. Have you ever been inside of a milk barn? Seriously, where the cows come in on both sides and someone stands down in the middle and milks them? I have-tons of times when I was a little girl. Well, now I'm living in one!! (Not yet, actually, but I will be by the first of the year!!)
Luke's boss from Utah has a milk barn in front of a barn barn in the middle of two fields in Downey. (Good luck to all of us who have to drive through the two fields in the dead of winter. Hopefully we're following our new tractor!!) Anywhoo, Luke and Cory got this wild idea about us moving closer to the animals (cows, pigs, sheep, and horses) however, there really wasn't a nice place to live in Downey for sale. So, two smart minds got together and came up with an idea that would be out of this world! (I thought for months now that they were out of their minds!!)
Our bedrooms are literally where the cows get milked. The place where the milker person stands is the hallway!! We only have four rooms (this was designed before baby #4 was in the picture, but the rooms are large enough that kiddos can share!) I will, however, have a TON of storage/shelving in this place, along with a great laundry room. The kitchen is the smallest room in the house, so hopefully I'll get good ideas to make that work. My counters are gorgeous, though! The family/living room is a fair size with awesome french doors in front! From the outside, it still looks like a barn, but inside it's finally starting to come together! Luke has a couple little things to sheet rock, plumbing in the bathroom, kitchen stuff to put together, and then mud & tape and paint and flooring! Right now I'm working on curtains and throw pillows. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. I'm keeping with my mustard yellow/lime green/brown in the family room, but any input would be awesome! Hopefully I'll get pics so you can all get a good laugh! Oh, yea, we couldn't get the indian slate in in time, so for our fireplace, we just went with a dark tile. Crappy, but oh well!
(Side note: I can't seem to find any pics. on the internet of a dairy barn, so hopefully our final pics. will be good enough to run your imagination!!)

3 comments:

Dawna said...

OH my goodness - Jeni's going to live in a milk barn. I love it!

Can't wait to see pictures!

reisnersest03 said...

You are a good woman! I am impressed! All you need to do is have a barn warming party!!

Fosters said...

A barn warming party it is!! EVERYONE is welcome--just come in the spring so you don't get stuck driving through a field to get there! How fun!!