Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year-again!!

Happy New Year!! We celebrated at 10:00 p.m. (we actually watched the New York ball drop, something my parents would pull on us when we were younger!) Weston and Brooklynn were so ready for bed that we couldn't wait! Before 10, we watched G-Force. Then, just before 10 I got the kids all wound up. I told them we really needed to help Grandma and Grandpa learn how to have fun at parties! The kids banged on pots and pans which made both of the youngest cry, we drank sparkling cider in my 2/$1 PLASTIC goblets, and toasted in the New Year. Fun times, my friends! Mom and dad are duds for messes, so we had to forego the balloons on the ceiling and silly string, but my kids have since recovered and the boys were happy they got to stay up longer to watch Transformers!
Here's Carson, Colton, Grandpa, and Luke toasting each other for the New Year. Can I just say that I actually HATE sparkling cider? I found a blueberry one I like, but the flavor of the other is n-a-s-t-y!!
On a different note: Notice Carson's long-john muscle shirt. He wears it every day to show off how buff he is! PLEASE. He is actually showing more ribs than muscles at age nine, but he doesn't care. I'm curious to see what he wears at age 16!

2 comments:

Reisner's said...

Sound like a blast. Or at least as fun as you can have with kids.
So the other night when you were talking to Bradley on facebook it was actually me who was writting and he was right next to me. anways at the end I said soemthing like well I'm off to bed see ya in Feb. and then signed off. After I signed off Bradley goes man you make me seem like a jerk. I did not even realize it sounded so rude, so sorry if you thought i was being rude. I wasn't even thinking. We are excited to see you guys and can't wait to go to Idaho.

Fosters said...

You're funny! You weren't rude. I actually had to go, too! Trust me, you didn't make him sound like a jerk! Make sure you give us a call and let us know for sure the days you'll be here. Maybe we can make plans before to make sure we get together!