Friday, February 12, 2010

What we've been up to:

Again, I am lacking in my blogging. I think I may know why. I am waaayyy overbooked. That's right. I admit it. However, I think it may be a good thing. At least for now. For a while now I've been meaning to get my kiddos in swimming lessons. Easier said than done. In my search, I found that it would cost $90+ for four weeks for my three kids. It just wasn't in the budget. I was finally going to bite the bullet and just do it for a few months since the kids were going stir crazy in the house and I needed to get them in the water. Just two days before I was going to sign them up, Luke and I heard that Gold's Gym had swimming lessons. I asked earlier, but was told they didn't. To my surprise, they actually did. However, the kids had to be a member of the gym. I did a little more investigating and I found that not only did they do swimming lessons, but several other activities my kids would love to be a part of. (And I would love to get them out of the house!!) To sweeten the deal, it was actually LESS per kid a month to join the gym and do all of these activities than to just take swimming lessons elsewhere. SAHWEET!!! So, here is our schedule each week. I can't guarantee how long I can keep up with this and dinner and the rest of life, but for now it works:
Monday: Brooklynn has dance in McCammon, Colton has Martial Arts.
Tuesday: All kids swimming lessons, boys have basketball class, Carson has sports conditioning.
Wednesday: Brooklynn has tumbling, Colton has Martial Arts, Carson has scouts (not part of the gym, so he stays home this day.)
Thursday: All kids swimming lessons, boys have basketball.
We actually have Fridays off, and Saturday is free swim day (where we can take the kids to swim as a family.) It has been fun watching them all learn, and in just a few weeks, it's surprising all that they have learned!

No comments: