Monday, April 19, 2010

It died:

I killed my camera. Actually, the water did. On Sunday, April 17, 2010, at approximately 9:30 p.m., my dad decided he wanted to turn on the sprinkling system to get it ready for the summer. By 9:45 p.m., the window well to our room was completely full of water, which was seeping into our room at an alarming rate. By 9:50, my ever so alert husband caught the water in the act, but not in time to save my camera (and only my camera!) We spent the next hour cleaning mud and water from out mattress, (which, I may add, we just recently purchased a temperpedic mattress and LOVE it, however, it too go wet) floor, windowsill, and, sadly, my camera. I thought it would be safe in the window. I was actually going to download pictures today. Seriously. My camera is currently submerged in rice, but I'm not even holding my breath. Now, don't feel bad for me. I get a NEW one!! If anyone knows a good digital camera, please let me know!! I've wanted a new one for a while now, so this may be for the better!

Side note: To make our night worse, my mom went to run to Walmart to get some fans for the mattresses and carpet and backed right up into my dad's truck (which was pulled behind her for one night only so the water didn't spray it!!) No damage to the truck, but the trunk, tail light, and side of mom's car need a serious quote and work!! Luke and I will be spending the next four nights or more on the floor in the family room. No sleep!!

No comments: