Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas Eve . . . Traditions!!

I LOVE Christmas Eve. I love all of the traditions we have when we all get together at my Grandma Ruth's house. (Which now has moved over to the church across the street to accommodate all of us) I love taking time to remember the Savior's birth, eat amazing food, and be around family. Seriously, it's one of my favorite days of the year! Here are a few traditions we have on this fun night:
The kids re-enact the story of our Savior's birth. These costumes have been around since before I was born- made out of my Grandma's old drapery material she used to make drapes for others. On the right of the stage- not pictured, is a passel of sheep and Joseph and the shepherds. I honestly just got a picture of this side, since my kids were in this group of kids. Brooklynn LOVED being an angel, only she had to have others since she wasn't quite old enough to learn the lines, yet! However, the story wasn't quite the same, since we had these two as our narrators: Uncle Dan and Mike!! They were so willing to stand in front of all of us- go figure!
Next tradition: Wearing the ugliest Christmas outfit you can come up with. Yep, Mike started it last year with a sweater, and this year it went to the clothing all the way to the socks. We even had crazy earrings! Mike and Larkin went as far as shaving their heads, which was a little scary!

Aunt Sheri and Uncle Dwight, Jordan, Grandma Ruth, Uncle John, Mariah, and Aunt Dorothy. Check out Uncle John's pants! He got the memo!! This is the Almond family. The only memo they got was ugliest sweaters, and they produced!! Left to right: Artie, Kristen and Dillon, Teagan, Uncle Brent, Aunt Cathy, Kaden, Hillary, Matt, Melissa, Logan, Chace, other Melissa, and Justin. So sorry, guys, I guess I don't see you enough!! Our family is a little short in this picture. Weston started throwing up, so Luke took him back to mom's house. Scott went with him so he could drive my car back to me, so we're missing two men! Left to right: Cauley, Jami, Dad, mom, and me. Definitely the family of the night, My Aunt Bev's family!! Left to right: Uncle Mel, Aunt Bev, Jason, Heather, Larkin, Holly, Laura, and Mike!

This is my Uncle Dan and Aunt Eileen's family. From left to right: Dan, Shawn, Aunt Eileen, Maren, Jared, and Ryan.

Here is Luke with my boys getting ready for the fun. This is the only pic. taken at our house, but the only one I got of him since Weston got sick and threw up on the outfit!!


Some other traditions of the night: Grandma recited poems from when she was a little girl, pinata's, and eatting more food! Awesome memories. Luke will more than likely remember this year as the year HE wore chewed up little smokies and curdled milk! Merry Christmas!!



No comments: