Friday, June 24, 2011

Brooklynn's Broken Leg

Here is Princess Roo Roo (she hates it when I call her that) with her cast! We were at the Foster Family Reunion and she was with several other kids jumping on the trampoline. From all the different stories, we got that she somehow got bounced from Marc (a cousin) and either twisted funny or fell funny. Luke and I thought she was just full of drama since there were so many people around. However, after a good four hours of crying, we decided to take her in. From Driggs to Ririe she SCREAMED. When we finally reached Idaho Falls, we took her to the Community Care. In less than 40 minutes we had her casted and to Aunt Shell and Uncle Todd's house to be pampered! She has a buckle fracture just under her knee (the same place I broke my leg on a tramp!!!) The doctor was AMAZING. The funny thing was he was teasing us while showing us the x-ray saying that we could go to jail because the top of her knee was too broken (where the cartilage comes together and the bones don't touch). Brooklynn told my mom and
dad she broke it in two places- on bottom and top! Funny, we didn't know she was playing that close attention. Especially for a four year old! They didn't have pink for a cast, so we settled on "Cinderella Blue". I made it even better when I bedazzled her name down the side and sprayed glitter all over it! The real winner was when we asked the doctor to put on a waterproof one.! She's gotten it wet several times. Now we just need to go swimming with chlorine to kill everything growing from her hip down! Within minutes of walking into Shell and Todd's she had several signatures: Michelle, Sierra, Lyndsey, Todd, Jake (Uncle), Elaine (Aunt), Carson, Colton, and mom and dad. Scottie and Bart signed it, and so did a few of her friends. She's actually walking very well on it now. In fact, we just got back from camping and she did great. With it heating up outside, her cast is starting to itch, and when she gets tired she cries and says it's hurting!!



Here are Brooklynn's friend's from my mom's house- Chloe and Kylie signing the cast! I thought it was super cute so I took a picture!

No comments: