Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Peas

FROM OUR GARDEN!!! I love having a garden, and weeds, and yelling at the kids when they don't help week. Seriously. I love the garden part, though! Here are some of our bags we got after blanching! I like them better frozen so they aren't so mushy when I use them in salads, soups, etc. I was surprised at how easy this was, and how much I actually taught my kids in the process! The kiddos helping me "peel" the peas. I can imagine about half got eaten because they looked "suspicious" as Brooklynn would say. Each time the kids opened the pod they ate at least 3-5!! We had a great system going tho, so it went really fast!!





1 comment:

Heather said...

I love fresh peas! It looks like you guys have had a fun summer. Too bad it is coming to an end soon. :(