Thursday, May 15, 2008

nO moRe toNsilS!!!

Today was the day!! Colton got his tonsils and adenoids out today!! Dr. Donaldson said they were so bad that they fell apart in his hands. Yucky! He said Colton would be having some horrible problems if we hadn't taken them out- and we thought it was more for the sleep apnea! However, what kind of mom am I? I left the camera at home!! HELLO! He looked so cute in his gown sitting on the bed, and even after, he was lookin' good!
They said that he would be waking up, so we went back, and they brought him out to us. I could tell he was crying a little, but that didn't last long. As he was calming down, he immediately asked for some ice cream, now!! (He settled for a slushie!) However, he was wide awake the whole time!! I couldn't believe how well he was doing for just getting his tonsils out! We spent just under two hours total at the surgery center, and were on our way home. THAT'S when he threw up -all over his blanket, my purse, and Brooklynn's baby! Well, he's home, has already eaten ice cream, a Popsicle, and a pudding cup. He is also working on his Diet Mountain Dew! He said he was hungry, and so why not feed the kid. Like I would let my kid starve!!

1 comment:

Courtney and Andrew said...

I am so glad your experience wasn't as eventful as ours was. I am glad he is doing better! Hang in there and watch out for the breath, it is a killer!1