Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MAJOR RECOMMENDATION!!


I've seen a ton of comments lately about this movie in the papers, and decided it looked good. Seriously, who couldn't use pointers on their marriage, and I was in need of a good cry since my hormones are going crazy with this baby. So, when I went to Great American Video yesterday to rent The Secret Life of Bees ALSO highly recommended, but read the book first, I found this one had also just come out. Luke promised me that if I would let him get a action movie- yes, I use bribes, he would watch this one with me! It was AWESOME!! Not only did he watch the movie with me, but he, too, liked it a ton. He even watched his movie after and said the Fireproof was better! This may be one we even buy, and we don't do that often. It's kinda churchy- not LDS, but Chrisitan based. It kinda reminds me of the book "The Peacemaker" (which, if you have never read, do, do, d o!! It's more amazing than any other church book I've read in a long time, but that's another story.) Seriously, watch this one!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for posting about this Jeni. I hadn't heard anything about this movie and the same day of reading your post I was dropping off a redbox and noticed Fireproof-so I rented it and LOVED it. So good. Kind of bad acting, but great story line and thought provoking. Thanks!
FYI-did you know the Kirk Cameron refuses to kiss anyone other than his wife, and so in that final scene it was his wife in a wig? Haha-funny.

Fosters said...

Thanks! Yea-the acting wasn't great, but the story was!