

I am the not-so-perfect type of mom who tries to pick her battles. Like, for example, when an unidentified 8 yr. old buttons his church shirt wrong 4 times in a row making us late for church, he gets a bop on the head. BUT, when he was three, he wore ridiculous yellow rain boots I bought from the thrift store for his firefighter Halloween costume EVERYWHERE-- even to church (in the parking lot, he knew he had to change them, but changed as soon as he got back into the car!) Some people looked at me in disgust when my five year old wears his cowboy hat EVERYWHERE (another battle I'm not going to fight). Nothing is wrong with his hat- except that one side is broke off and it looks like it's been run over by the tractor and a few cows (which it probably has been!) So, when my two year old started her phase of changing outfits several times a day, I decided it wouldn't be a battle as long as she didn't throw clean clothes in the laundry room. Just a few weeks ago, though, I noticed a trend: I dress her in cute jeans or sweats, and she changes to stretch pants. Not a big problem, unless we're going into public. You see, I don't know where most of these pants came from, but, as you can see, the prints are HORRIBLE!! They don't match with just any shirt. She really looks cute in these pants- her little bum and skinny body, but I can't get her to take them off. They've even become her new pajamas! Just last week my mom and I went to Utah, and were looking for jeans to fit my skinny daughter, when she started throwing a fit. My mom asked her what she wanted, and she said "I want those pants"- pointing to a hideous pair of bright blue leggin's with rainbows, hearts, and other things. What did my mom do? SHE GAVE IN and spent two dollars on these pants, which she then proceeded to let Brooklynn put on to finish our shopping trip. I looked on in disgust while shelling out $13.50 for a pair of jeans she WILL wear to Walmart next time I go!!
P.S. At every store we went to after that, if there was something that I liked, Brooklynn would say that it was hideous and hold Grandma's hand!




No comments:
Post a Comment