Today we celebrated my nephew, Mitch's 8th Birthday at the Lava Swimming Pool. Yep, he's turning 8 tomorrow!! That means he'll also be a cub scout and baptised in a couple weeks! Crazy how time goes by so quickly, hu? In four months, Carson will also be turning 8!! That's even crazier to me!!
We had a blast at the pool. We got there fairly early, so we had a good place to set up the tent thingy so we could have shade all day. That kinda saved us! Brooks is so funny in the water. She just jumps in, and I constantly have to pull her out. She loves it!! She was even going down the small slide they have for kids and diving under the water. When she came up, instead of even wiping the water from her eyes, she would clap and point to the slide again!! HOWEVER . . . I am such a bad mom!! Last weekend at the Foster Family Reunion, I got fried. I put on sunscreen, as much as I did on the kids, but for some reason, I was so burnt I'm still not done peeling! Today, I put on the same sunscreen, and every one of us is fried. Not kidding. I feel horrible!! My boys hurt so bad that they said they can't even lay down. I just hurt, period! (My g's make it worse, too!) I checked the sunscreen, and it doesn't expire till 2011, and I even got it from Walmart this year, but it's totally going in the garbage can!! I'll keep you posted on the blisters (we're all bound to have some!)
P.S. I really want to do something special for Carson for his 8th Birthday. If anyone has any ideas for his baptism or being a new cub scout, I'd love to hear them. For my friends who can't comment on my blog, cuz you're still crazy and anonymous, e-mail me!! Thanks!!
We had a blast at the pool. We got there fairly early, so we had a good place to set up the tent thingy so we could have shade all day. That kinda saved us! Brooks is so funny in the water. She just jumps in, and I constantly have to pull her out. She loves it!! She was even going down the small slide they have for kids and diving under the water. When she came up, instead of even wiping the water from her eyes, she would clap and point to the slide again!! HOWEVER . . . I am such a bad mom!! Last weekend at the Foster Family Reunion, I got fried. I put on sunscreen, as much as I did on the kids, but for some reason, I was so burnt I'm still not done peeling! Today, I put on the same sunscreen, and every one of us is fried. Not kidding. I feel horrible!! My boys hurt so bad that they said they can't even lay down. I just hurt, period! (My g's make it worse, too!) I checked the sunscreen, and it doesn't expire till 2011, and I even got it from Walmart this year, but it's totally going in the garbage can!! I'll keep you posted on the blisters (we're all bound to have some!)
P.S. I really want to do something special for Carson for his 8th Birthday. If anyone has any ideas for his baptism or being a new cub scout, I'd love to hear them. For my friends who can't comment on my blog, cuz you're still crazy and anonymous, e-mail me!! Thanks!!




1 comment:
That's awesome Brooklyn loves the water! Lily is still very timid about water! I miss lava!
Post a Comment