Yep! It finally happened! Last night, July 4, 2008, I had my first experience in a cop car! Now, some of you may have the wrong impression, but I had a blast!!
It all started when Luke came to work (yes, I had to work all night on the 4th), and asked for my phone charger. I told him it was in the car, and went to get him my keys. Couldn't find them. For those of you who know me, can you believe I would lock my keys in the car? So, Luke told me he would come and get me around 11:00 p.m. Ok.
Around 11:45 p.m., Officer Clint, (his first name for protection) a friend of mine from Flying J came in to get a drink. I went over to say hi, and asked if he had a thingy to break into my car. He smiled and pointed to his gun. "No, no," I said, "let's not resort to violence, yet. Let's wait until my hubby gets here, 'cuz he's late picking me up." Clint laughed and told me he could have expected me to lock my keys in the car, and our next conversation went something like this:
C: "I could give you a ride to your husband."
Me: "I don't know what field he's baling in. It could be this way (pointing) or that way!"
C: "Well, let's go find him."
Me: "Do I get to ride in the back seat next to your dog?"
C: "Yeah, but first we have to hand cuff you and search you!!"
Me: "The front will do, if we can turn on the lights!"
So we got in the car, and headed to the first field. Dark. No tractor lights. Officer Clint was so nice, though, he pointed out the pivot was running, because the light on top was flashing!
Then we head to the Haywire Ranch. He is such a bad driver! He always has his pedal to the medal, then slams on his breaks!
When we got to the Haywire (the ranch Luke is running), we saw some lights. Clint is such a gentleman, he got out and tried to open the gate. It was locked, so he said "We'll just drive up the road and turn the lights on. That should get his attention." At the same time, Luke turned off the tractor and started for his truck. (He said he saw a car at the gate, and knew it was me). Well, we didn't know what was going on, so Clint turned on his lights and even spot lighted him walking through the field! Then he handed me his radio thingy and told me to talk to Luke. I told him not to moon us, cuz he would get a ticket. I also told him to come and get me cuz Clint wanted to take me to jail. Poor Luke was so confused, but he started to walk to the cop truck!! I told Clint thanks, and, as I was getting out of the truck, told him Luke and I were going to go frolic in the field. He could now get back to official police business!! He informed me, however, that his truck had a video camera, and that if we undressed to parts a swimming suit covers, that he would have to turn us in! I was laughing so hard that I literally fell down the embankment from the side of the road. This time it was my turn to get spotlighted!! He asked if I was ok, and I told him he did a crappy job transporting a civilian safely!! Luckily, Luke showed up to save me any more embarrassment!!
Happy Birthday Chase
8 years ago




2 comments:
One word...... FUNNY!
but for some reason it dosnt surprise me???? LOL!
Wow, that is real excitement in McCammon...I think it's so great that he was willing to take you to look for Luke. The whole it experience is so funny. I hope to see you the end of this month.
Post a Comment