Sunday, July 20, 2008

Poo Poo Head

My kiddos have been fighting a ton lately, and Colton is starting to resort to some name calling since he just can't seem to get the upper hand on Carson. Just recently, however, Colton, to get more attention drawn to himself has be trying to use bad language. Don't get me wrong, he hasn't dropped to f-bomb (yet), but just yesterday got me thinking that my language ("Oh, hell") isn't up to par. He's listening, and we're talking. Truthfully, I have NEVER heard Luke swear. He's not perfect, but I've never heard a bad word come out of his mouth. I, on the other hand, have a pretty dirty mouth (or at least think the word when I'm upset.) I have excuses, heck, I work at a truck stop where even the employees are criminals! The language there isn't pretty, and I'm around it quite often. Then, on Monday, I took the kiddos to watch some friends ride bulls. The language there isn't top dollar, either. Off of my soapbox, I love to read the meanest mom's blog. It's actually what got me into blogging. Just a coincidence that she wrote the following article this last week for momlogic (which I'm also a huge fan of!) I think we were on the same brain wave length!! www.momlogic.com/2008/07/bad_words.php

1 comment:

Martins said...

Jeni, I'm glad to have your blog. I thought this post is funny, b/c if you substitute my name for yours and Jason's name for Luke's, it's the same story at my house. Let's start a swear jar!