
It's finally over! Tonight was Carson's Christmas Program. It was held at the high school since the entire community of McCammon comes out to watch. I feel like I've been there all day! (I have!!) They had a dress rehersal this morning, and then at one they had a matinee. Tonight was the grand finalee, and wow, I'm glad it's over! If you've never been to a Mountain View Elementary Christmas Program, again, you're missing out! When I was a little kid, our Elementary Christmas Programs consisted of us all standing on risers and singing a few songs. Some of us even got a speaking part every now and then. I even remember ringing bells in the fifth grade. Not at this school. They go all out for the production! The Kindergarten were all reindeer and played guitars while they rocked out to "Run, Run, Rudolph". Of course there was more. Then the first grade got up. They were so cute! Carson turned down two speaking/singing parts only to end up with the longest speaking part and standing all by himself on the stage! He was supposed to act upset because he wasn't getting anything for Chrismas, but he looked more cocky strutting up to say his line and stuff! The first graders story was about getting nothing for Christmas, with the song, dancing, and much more! Second grade was all about "The Wise men came and traveled far", (my nephew, Mitch's line!). Third grade was about traveling the continent for Christmas, like Hawii and Mexico. Fourth was a "Country Christmas" with line dancing! Fifth and sixth combined for a 50's Christmas with a lot of swing, b-bop, and so forth. Also, through out the play were other Christmas songs. It was so cute!

Okay, so I have to admit, I chickened out! So, since I'm the PTO President, I'm supposed to get up in front of everyone after and say something on the line of "On behalf of the PTO, we'd like to thank out teachers for all of their hard work and all they do. Merry Christmas." Then, Natalie and I got poinsetta's for all of them to hand out. All day I was sick with the thought of getting up on stage (I'm getting weak!) So, at the last minute, I asked Hayle (a good friend of mine) to say it for me. I also got twenty parents to help hand out the poinsetta's so I didn't have to walk around on the stage! I was so weak that I handed mine to Mr. Wheat (the principal) who was holding the door, so I didn't have to go on stage at all! Chicken! Thanks for your help, Hayle!




No comments:
Post a Comment