We have got a serious hobo spider problem at our house. It's not just the lovely little ones, they are serious MONSTERS! The crazy thing is, that is also my numero uno phobia. I despise spiders. Any kind. They go right before my fear of heights (but I can sometimes handle heights!)
We've tried a ton of stuff (at least I feel like we've tried a ton of stuff): we've sprayed for spiders (and then were told that is not good because the hobos become acclimated to the spray while it kills off the spiders that eat the hobos.) We've also put out the sticky traps, but my kiddos are constantly picking them up to see the new spiders caught, and also getting caught themselves! side note: these do work. It's disgusting how many spiders we catch in one day! I've also tried to keep the house spotless. Ha! 3 kids + 1 hubby does not equal clean all the time, BUT we've been trying. I don't know who said that would help. Seriously, though, I think that it's why I see so many. My floor is clean and doesn't have anywhere for them to hide!
So, last night I was watching the Olympics (go USA!!!) when I saw one of our pet monsters run right at me. At the same time, Katie (my best friend) was coming home from Utah and stopped by my house. (She now lives in Blackfoot, and we only see each other a couple times a month). Anywhoo, she was knocking on my door. She opened it and saw me standing on the couch with Carson's cowboy boots in mid flight toward the spider. Cuz she didn't know what was going on, she joined me on the couch and tried to get the 101 on what we were doing! I showed her the monster by throwing the other boot at him and making him run. Not only did he run, but he ran right at Katie who had just stepped off the couch!! While she was distracting him, I quickly jumped off the couch and ran upstairs to get my other weapon: spider spray! When I got back down stairs, Katie had my rug rolled up, the couch moved, and the whole basement in disarray! (I might add that I was probably gone for 2.3 min.!!) She had him cornered, so I jumped back on the couch and handed her the bug spray (hey, she had it all under control!) I think we went through about 3/4 of the can! I had to open the window down there despite my air conditioning being on! He finally got slow enough to hit with Luke's cleats. (They were out cuz he just won the tournament in Downey and his stuff was in his truck!) Bam! Monster was officially killed. Bam! Another time to make sure, and bam! Third time for scaring us!
Another side note: The rest of the can was used after Katie left. Two more spiders came at me, and they weren't small. I can't wait to move. I also will NOT be posting a picture. I am NOT going to let them have room on my camera!




7 comments:
That is my biggest fear! I hate spiders! I'm impressed you set foot downstairs knowing they're down there.
Gross!!! I also don't like spiders, especially the kind I know will hurt me when they get the chance. Orrin is even more of a chicken than I am and I'm the one that has to kill them at our house. Lame! That isn't supposed to be how it is. Anyways, I'll pray that you can sell quick...no one should have to deal with Hobos like that.
Hey. I was wanting to order some scentsy from you. Is that a pain for you or should I find someone in the boise area? Do you have a fall catalog? I need everything-the candle warmer and what not. Let me know
Bonnie
Yikes! Do you remember those monster spiders that were in my basement when we were kids? Just thinking about them gives me the creeps - I am so sorry you're having to relive the nightmare!
Oh and I want a Scentsy thingy too, so maybe Bonnie should have a party?!? :)
I'll have a party if Dawna comes
Post a Comment