Sunday, February 24, 2008

How embarrassing!

I am so embarrassed! About three weeks ago, my ward did a financial workshop for an enrichment activity. I found out at the last minute that we were supposed to wear Sunday dress, so I threw on my wrap around skirt that is silky. I love it, especially when I just had a baby, because I can still fit into it. Anywhoo, it's way to big for me, but I just fastened it with a safety pin and went on my way. The enrichment was held in the Relief Society Room, and I sat in the back on purpose. I had Brooks, since she's not eighteen months, yet, and knew I would more than likely not get to stay in the room. It was actually a really good turnout! I was well surprised that we made it through the opening song and prayer. When Roxann got done playing the piano, however, Brooklynn made a beeline for the piano. I forgot all about my skirt, and went running after her so she didn't disrupt the speaker. When I bent down to pick her up, however, something magical happened! The safety pin that was holding my skirt went up and over the top, so the rest unraveled! I had on a silky slip, too, and that didn't help much. It took approximately one second for my skirt to fall to the floor. Roxann saw my distress (along with the rest of the ward) and came and grabbed Brooks, while I picked up my piece of fabric and tried to shield myself. I managed to make it out the door just in time for the missionaries to walk into the building! I do dumb stuff all the time, so I wasn't really too embarrassed, because my ward knows me too well, but that isn't the most embarrassing thing!
Last night, we had a family dinner at my mom's house. My Aunt Dorothy asked me if I had gone to a financial workshop about a few weeks ago. I said yes, and she then asked me if I was the one who lost my skirt! Ahhh! A friend of hers was there with another friend, and they saw the whole thing. When they told my aunt they went to McCammon, she asked them if I was there. She described me to them, and they both said "I think she's the one who lost her skirt!" That's how people remember me, by my dumb actions!

No comments: