Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's official!

Yes, we really did have an earthquake! I posted on the end of my last blog that I thought we had one this morning, well we did! I had just woken up, and Carson was downstairs, when my bed started shaking. I would have thought that it was all in my head, but then the blinds on our sliding door in my bedroom all started shaking, and my light above me was moving! I hurried and called Gro. She thought it was her washer shaking her house again (even though she wasn't doing laundry at the time!) Well, here is the info. that I found on it so far. It is from KPVI News Channel 6. They are slow to report, so sorry for the delay!

At approxmately 7:16 this morning, a 6.0 magnitude earthquake hit 11 miles E.S.E. of Wells, Nevada. Reports coming in from Wells include items falling off the shelves and the Motel 6 in Wells is reporting a crack in their exterior wall. The tremor was felt in Boise, Twin Falls and Pocatello.

At least it wasn't centered in McCammon. Luke told me that here in McCammon it registered as a 3.6 earthquake! Boise is about 4 or more hours from here, and they felt it! Yes, we're closer than even Poky, but I would seriously think that the end was near if it were any worse!

2 comments:

none said...

After last night's crazy events now we are having earthquakes around here! I felt it this morning about 7:45 It lasted about 4 seconds it made me feel a little dizzy. I lived 2 years in southern california and never felt a quake! It's a first for me. I think with all this exceitment I need to go get my lexapro refilled! Good Grief!

none said...

After last night's crazy events now we are having earthquakes around here! I felt it this morning about 7:45 It lasted about 4 seconds it made me feel a little dizzy. I lived 2 years in southern california and never felt a quake! It's a first for me. I think with all this exceitment I need to go get my lexapro refilled! Good Grief!