This week I am going to have to say that I am most thankful for Heavenly Father allowing us to learn and grow. I know it sounds both crazy and preachy, but let me explain. First of all, Carson wanted to wrestle so badly this year. We totally supported him all the way, that is, until he wanted to quit. We don't allow quitting in our family, and told him he had to try his hardest for the rest of the season. I think the reason he didn't like it so much was that he wasn't very good to begin with. Well, his last couple of matches, he's pinned someone at least once! He is starting to enjoy it, even though the season is over tomorrow. I'm grateful he could try something, learn from it, and also learn that he has to practice to be good at something. Although, I will say, he probably won't wrestle next year. Even winning didn't change his mind that much!
I'm also working again full time at FW, so for the first time in three years, I'm not home too often. I had to give the kids and Luke chores, and they are failing miserably! However, it is good for them to see that if they want a spoon for cereal (we only own five spoons, because my kids like to take them outside to dig, and I'm sick of buying more each month!!) they have to do their chores. Yes, I am giving in and doing a chore for each one of them until about 2 a.m., but tomorrow night and Saturday I work until 1 a.m., so they are going to have to jump in and get 'er done!! This is extremely hard for me, because, like my mom, I just want to have it done right and now, so I clean constantly! Now, I come home to tractors and semis all over the ground, and trip over the baby stroller when I go in to kiss Brooks goodnight, but, the kids are healthy, and I need to realize that, for now, all is well! Don't worry, I'm learning!
Happy Birthday Chase
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment