Thursday, March 20, 2008

We're sick of being sick


Yep, you guessed it, we're sick, again! This is getting ridiculous. In the last six weeks, at least one person in our family has been sick. This week, however, strep throat has three out of the five of us down. My voice is GONE. I squeak every now and then! I thought it was just a virus, and Luke had the same thing, but then it all came clear yesterday. Colton woke up at eight ready and excited to go to the school for western day. By ten a.m. he was asleep on my living room floor! He still didn't have a fever, so I let him go, on the account that he had to eat his chicken nuggets on the way to the school. He should have really been hungry by then, but when we got to the school he hadn't even touched one. (That is very unusual for him!!) I put him in the teacher's lounge, bought him a 7-up, and told him to come into the gym when he was done, but Kim brought him in about fifteen minutes later. She said he was just staring at the food. He hadn't even had a bite! That's when I knew something was really wrong. As soon as we got home from the school, I called Dr. Yost who was triple booked for the afternoon, but said to bring him in. The poor kid has a double ear infection and strep. He looks so sad! He didn't start throwing up until four a.m. this morning (just before Brooks finally fell asleep!) and he has really bad runs. He's already had two baths today, and just lays on the couch (he graduated from the floor) in his coat. (He refused to use a blanket, and if you know this crazy kid, he wears his coat in the house all the time. How fitting for him to wear it while he's sick, too!)
As for Luke and I, well, I hope that the antibiotics kick in really soon so that I can get my voice back (it makes for a long day at work at FW), and my kids are trying to enjoy my not yelling for awhile. (That may also be a good thing!) I promise I've Lysoled my house every time, but this year the bugs are not going away. It is getting really old, really fast!

1 comment:

jamirclark said...

Poor Coltie! I'll make sure Dallin prays for him.