Like almost everyone else, I have spent the majority of my night and day today thinking about our late Prophet. As a convert to the church, President Hinkley was the first Prophet that I had the opportunity of knowing, and he has greatly influenced my life in many ways.
Today has been a day of reflection--and now I am beginning to realize that Pres. Hinckley's passing is another opportunity for renewal of faith and re-dedication of our lives as we look at a man who has done such a marvelous work.I remember when Nadine, my best friend, Dawna's mom took Jami and I to the
Holt Arena to a bi-regional conference for the church. President Hinkley came, and we saw that he was shaking hands with those who sat behind him. We went back that afternoon, even though we had already heard the same talk, and sat behind the pulpit just so we could shake his hand. Jami had a broken arm at the time, and he told her to get well soon! It was around the time that he was first called to be our new prophet, since Jami and I were recent converts. He said something to each individual. That has made a huge impact on my testimony, and I will always love this amazing man.
Holt Arena to a bi-regional conference for the church. President Hinkley came, and we saw that he was shaking hands with those who sat behind him. We went back that afternoon, even though we had already heard the same talk, and sat behind the pulpit just so we could shake his hand. Jami had a broken arm at the time, and he told her to get well soon! It was around the time that he was first called to be our new prophet, since Jami and I were recent converts. He said something to each individual. That has made a huge impact on my testimony, and I will always love this amazing man.Then came the call for each member to read the Book of Mormon. Had I done it before? Yes. Will I do it again? Yes! The promise he gave to each of us, and the blessings I personally and as a family received from this challenge was phenomenal! I will forever be grateful for this man!
We are so blessed to live in a time when we have a living prophet on the face of the earth. How many days have I taken that for granted? I love President Hinkley and his beautiful wife, Marjorie. What amazing people they were and still are. He is someone who will surely be missed, but someone whom I am looking forward to again shaking his hand!






2 comments:
Thanks, jeni. I had forgotten about our meeting him. Good memories.
The night we found out about President Hinckley's passing I shared that same story with Joe. What an amazing privilege it was to get to shake hands and speak (however briefly) with a Prophet of God. I am so grateful I got to share that experience with you and Jami. I loved coming to your blog to see that was the same story you remembered about President Hinckley!
Love ya,
Dawna
Post a Comment