Friday night, we had the awesome privilege of going to the open house at the Rexburg Temple. It was amazing! I was supposed to go with the Foster family, but my father-in-law got called into work, my sister-in-law, Gretchen's family didn't come, because the roads were bad, Emily was going to ride with my in-laws, so she cancelled, and Jake and Elaine decided not to drive all the way to Rexburg since they went the week before. SO, I invited my mom and dad, and it all worked out in the end. Luke had to work, too, so I rode with mom and dad. Carson and Colton absolutely love their cousins Sierra and Lyndsey, and Aunt Michelle and Uncle Todd. They met us in Rexburg and went thru the temple with us. It was really good to see them!
Okay, so the temple was gorgeous! (Have you ever been to one that's not?!) There is a wheat theme throughout, and it was awesome. Elaine, my sister-in-law also said that all of the paintings were done by a local guy in her home ward! The kids totally ate it all up, except Brooklynn, who (why did I take her, again?) just wanted to climb the stairs all by herself! Colton said he wants to go see the "dead cow" place again. It took me a minute to realize, the baptismal font, where you do baptisms for the dead! Carson is right on target, saying that he felt like a king in the Celestial Room because of the way it was decorated!
Afterward, we went to Kreggo's Pizza. Thank goodness Michelle called ahead, or we still would have been waiting in line to eat! I'm so grateful I was able to share this with my family. We've been talking about temples for FHE lately, so I hope now they can see a little of what I am trying to teach them. I also hope they always remember this awesome experience!
Happy Birthday Chase
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment