Monday, April 14, 2008

sHouT oUt moNdAy!

Today's shout out goes to Sister Elaine Cobia! (I'm not trying to be churchy, she's on a mission!) Anywhoo, for those of you who know this wonderful lady, you know she deserves a shout out, for the rest of you, I will try explain why she deserves a shout out, but I know I won't even tip the ice burg!
Elaine is in my Mountain View Ward, and was a teacher for the Relief Society. While she was younger, besides being an amazing mom, she was an elementary teacher at Mountain View Elementary. She must have been amazing, because she is so patient and absolutely loves kids! A few years ago, her duly wonderful husband, Claude, was killed by a train here in McCammon. Her service to the community didn't stop or even slow down. In fact, she lost herself in serving others. So many other people here in McCammon would agree. Kim, Natalie, Grandma Gwen, and so many others have awesome, amazing stories to share about her as well, but I'll let them do that on their blogs! She has gone out of her way several times to let me know that me or my family is important to her, just when I needed to know that! I watch this amazing woman in action and long to be like her some day. She so full of knowledge, loving, compassionate, kind, gentle, happy, and patient! (I know there's more, I'm just not full of words this morning!) Right now, Sister Cobia is in Navoou, serving her second mission in that area. She was able to serve her first one with her husband, and this time her companion is her sister. I am so grateful to have her in my life, and am excited to see her again in 15 months!

No comments: