I wanted to leave my shout-out up for a while, but I REALLY need to share a little of my night with y'all!!! So, if you haven't read Monday's post, please do. If you have, go pee now, cuz you'll probably wet yourself!!
First of all, let me set up the situation for you. Elaine, Jake's wife has been hard at work harrowing our fields with Luke's truck while Luke is working in the fields in Swan Lake, and me? I'm just working. You know Elaine, always cleaning up and making things look nice. Well, there was a dead skunk in the field, so, along with everything else lying in the field, she picked it up and threw it in the back of the truck!! That's right, in the back of Luke's truck! (I would have just run it over a couple of times and pretended I didn't see it!) What do we do now? Well, I'm glad you asked. Let the fun begin . . . !!!
Someone, (who, me?!!) got a wild idea to take it to Dave Harris's house. Luke came up with the rest. Gretch, Luke, Brooklynn, and I got in the truck and drove over to the Harris's. Luke even parked just up the street so Gretch and I could see the entire thing. He got the skunk and took it to Dave's porch. He laid it just in front of the door, hoping Dave would open it and see the skunk. So, he got Dave's rake, scratched the door, and waited. Did Dave come to the door so Luke could jump out and scare him. No way. That would have been funny, but not quite as funny as what happened. Dave stuck his head out the front window, saw the skunk, and hurried and shut the window. Okay, now we started to laugh. That was funny. Two seconds later, Tashia was at the window along side Dave, and you could tell she was trying to look at the skunk, also. Getting funnier. Then, we see the kids all trying to see the skunk, but parents trying to keep them away. Still laughing!! About 30 seconds later, BOTH Dave and Tashia are on their cell phones calling to have someone come help them (there is only one way out of the Harris home!!). By now, I'm laughing so hard I'm starting to cry. Luke reached over and pulled the skunk up, so it now looks like it went somewhere on their deck. Now there's a head looking out the bedroom window on the other side of the front door trying to find out where the skunk went. Luke is balancing around that window so he isn't seen. By now, I am gagging because I am laughing so hard. Tears are rolling down both of my cheeks like I'm sobbing, so Brooklynn is giving me "loves" to make me better!
The whole scenario went on for about 20 minutes, until FINALLY, Tashia notices Luke's truck across the street. Then Dave knew it was us (or at least Luke!!). He opened the front door, and Luke fell in. It couldn't have been any funnier, even if we had planned it!! This reenactment doesn't do the night justice! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. EVER.
First of all, let me set up the situation for you. Elaine, Jake's wife has been hard at work harrowing our fields with Luke's truck while Luke is working in the fields in Swan Lake, and me? I'm just working. You know Elaine, always cleaning up and making things look nice. Well, there was a dead skunk in the field, so, along with everything else lying in the field, she picked it up and threw it in the back of the truck!! That's right, in the back of Luke's truck! (I would have just run it over a couple of times and pretended I didn't see it!) What do we do now? Well, I'm glad you asked. Let the fun begin . . . !!!

Someone, (who, me?!!) got a wild idea to take it to Dave Harris's house. Luke came up with the rest. Gretch, Luke, Brooklynn, and I got in the truck and drove over to the Harris's. Luke even parked just up the street so Gretch and I could see the entire thing. He got the skunk and took it to Dave's porch. He laid it just in front of the door, hoping Dave would open it and see the skunk. So, he got Dave's rake, scratched the door, and waited. Did Dave come to the door so Luke could jump out and scare him. No way. That would have been funny, but not quite as funny as what happened. Dave stuck his head out the front window, saw the skunk, and hurried and shut the window. Okay, now we started to laugh. That was funny. Two seconds later, Tashia was at the window along side Dave, and you could tell she was trying to look at the skunk, also. Getting funnier. Then, we see the kids all trying to see the skunk, but parents trying to keep them away. Still laughing!! About 30 seconds later, BOTH Dave and Tashia are on their cell phones calling to have someone come help them (there is only one way out of the Harris home!!). By now, I'm laughing so hard I'm starting to cry. Luke reached over and pulled the skunk up, so it now looks like it went somewhere on their deck. Now there's a head looking out the bedroom window on the other side of the front door trying to find out where the skunk went. Luke is balancing around that window so he isn't seen. By now, I am gagging because I am laughing so hard. Tears are rolling down both of my cheeks like I'm sobbing, so Brooklynn is giving me "loves" to make me better!
The whole scenario went on for about 20 minutes, until FINALLY, Tashia notices Luke's truck across the street. Then Dave knew it was us (or at least Luke!!). He opened the front door, and Luke fell in. It couldn't have been any funnier, even if we had planned it!! This reenactment doesn't do the night justice! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. EVER.




1 comment:
my stomache still hurts from laughing so hard! Wow life in the country....... who said it was boring? The skunk...... yah he's still in the back of the truck, I think we could have some more fun tonight?? Watch out McCammon! lol!!
Post a Comment